1. Hardcore Beyonce` fans are known as “bees.” This cute, pop-culture nickname is a derivative from Beyonce’s nickname, “Bey” or “Bee-Bee.” She used a honey bee as a symbol for her 2006 album, B’Day.
2. View this website: (http://knowyourbees.tumblr.com/) and take the quiz “What kind of bee are you?” it’s a great source of understanding of Beyonce` fan terminology and hierarchy.
3. Look into Beyonce’s discography. This is ESSENTIAL. A “bee” cannot attest to Beyonce’s growth or strength as an artist if you’re not familiar with her music. This includes the Destiny’s Child material, which Beyonce` was a key creative force in. If you can’t purchase prior albums or don’t have access to them, look up track-listings on Wikipedia and find some of the songs on YouTube.
4. Purchase “Soul Survivors,” the official, authorized biography of Destiny’s Child. So far, this is the only existing biography written by the ladies of Destiny’s Child. This book will help you learn about Beyonce’s background. Beyonce’s bio on Wikipedia has errors, so it’s best not to use that as a valid source; just browse it for information past 2002, since “Soul Survivors” ends around that period.
5. Get to know Beyonce further by watching older press interviews, performances and specials, like “MTV Diary”.
6. Make friends with other bees. For starters, join my facebook fan community “The Beehive” (click the photo above to visit the page). Also, chat in the forums on beyonceworld.net (the mother-ship of Beyonce` fan sites) and on Bey’s official page, Beyonceonline.com. Making friends isn’t a requirement, it’s just nice to have someone who shares your interest.
7. Need or want Beyonce gear? A great way to find inexpensive paraphernalia is to shop on EBay or Half.com. Between those 2 sites, you can find posters, magazines, buttons, clocks, tour items, clothes, etc. Be sure to read the site’s warnings and suggestions for smart and safe shopping.
8. You DO not have to buy every magazine or item, or see every performance to be a “real” fan. You do NOT have to dislike other artists, attack fans of other artists, or ONLY like Beyonce` to be a real fan. At minimum, know and enjoy the music. Also, it’s perfectly ok to CONSTRUTIVELY criticize Beyonce` every once in a while. Not everything she does is perfect.
Hope this helps! Peace, Love & Bee’s Honey!